Our team truly cares about the unique circumstances of parents and the individual supports and activities required to help them reach their education and employment goals.
The ParentsNext program is targeted at the following demographics (taken from the Department of Employment Website):
the parents youngest child is aged five years or under
the parents have not had paid employment in the last six months, and
the parents reside in one of the 10 ParentsNext locations
For some parents, it may be a requirement to receive their Parenting Payment but the programme is available to other parents on a voluntary basis if they meet certain criteria.
ParentsNext Plus provides the following support services:
- Face to face meetings in our family friendly office space where you have access to free Wi-Fi, computers and telephone facilities
- Group work and training sessions in something your good at and want to pursue, from social parenting groups to accredited training up to Diploma qualifications
- We use flexible methods to communicate with you including outreach and online chat as we understand that being a parent comes first
- Telephone helpline and online chat from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday
- Access to MyWork Search an online job search platform
- Experienced Allied Health and Case Management professionals who can support you to overcome barriers to participation in education, training, and work and can guide your progress
- Our ParentsNext Plus team can connect you with other support services if you are struggling with personal issues
- Assistance in finding child care and other supports for you and your children.