New Business Assistance with NEIS provides individualised help for job seekers to become self-employed business owners. A total of 6,300 NEIS places are available nationally each year. We can help you turn your business idea into a profitable and sustainable reality through the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme.
If you are interested in joining the New Business Assistance with NEIS program, please contact your local PeoplePlus branch who will check your eligibility.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- at least 18 years of age
- fully eligible for jobactive or are a Disability Employment Services participant in the Employment Assistance Phase
- in receipt of income support for up to 39 weeks and NEIS Rental Assistance for up to 26 weeks (if eligible)
- not converted to the Age Pension before or during participation in NEIS
- available to participate in NEIS training (if relevant) and work full time in the proposed NEIS business.
- Currently residing in the Bendigo area.
HOW WE’LL WORK WITH YOU TO GET YOUR BUSINESS IDEA OFF THE GROUND
- Accredited small business training, including a Small Business Course and Certificate III in Micro Business Operations where you learn how to run, manage and operate a small business. This covers marketing, financials, legal requirements, etc.
- Personalised business mentoring and support in the first year from our experienced mentors. Our business mentors will provide assistance and advice about organisational, financial and marketing issues to help you develop your business idea.